Chewy Chocolate Bars Recipe
This chewy chocolate bars recipe is worth learning. The recipe is easy to follow and you can whip it up whenever you want. Additionally, it can be used for all sorts of occasions including family snack times, instances when you're suddenly hit by chocolate cravings, or even during a lazy afternoon spent in the company of your friends.
- STep-by-step InSTRuctions
For the bottom and top layers:
- 2 cups flour
- 1/4 cup diced frozen butter
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 150ml evaporated milk
- 1 1/2 cup granulated coconut palm sugar
- 1 cup cacao powder
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
For the chocolate layer:
- 500g dark chocolate
- 250g light syrup
For the topping:
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1 cup almond nuts, toasted and sliced
Prep time: 25 mins
Cook time: 30 mins
Total time: 55 mins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Prepare a baking sheet by lining with parchment paper and set aside.
- Using a hand mixer, whisk flour and diced butter until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Whisk in coconut palm sugar, cacao, and baking powder until the dry ingredients are well-combined.
- Add milk and melted butter, and mix to create a crumbly cookie-like dough. Spread 2/3 of the dough on the prepared baking sheet and set aside. Refrigerate the remaining dough.
- Chop the chocolate bar into pieces and place in a bowl. Melt the pieces in a microwave or over hot simmering water.
- When the chocolate has fully melted, stir in the syrup to form a thick paste. Let the chocolate paste cool to room temperature before pouring it over the dough base.
- Spread the chocolate chunks over the chocolate layer. Remove the leftover dough from the fridge and spread it over the chocolate chunks.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes. Remove from oven and refrigerate the chewy chocolate bar until the chocolate layer has set.
- Once properly chilled, cut into bars. You can garnish the top with shelled nuts, raspberries, and mint leaves for some extra flavor and to make a good presentation when serving.