Cherry and Chocolate Smoothie Recipe
Want to indulge in your sweet tooth cravings without compromising on your healthy diet? Well, one of the best decadent and nutritious treats that will tickle your taste buds is chocolate covered cherries.
In this recipe, you'll learn how to make a delicious cup of cherry and chocolate smoothie. The cacao powder and cherries it contains both provide plenty of antioxidants. In addition to these nutrients, this beverage is packed with minerals, vitamins, and dietary fiber too.
- STep-by-step InSTRuctions
- 1 1/2 cup pitted and frozen cherries
- 1 cup fat free vanilla yogurt
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Heart-shaped chocolate sprinkles
- 1 tablespoon maca
- 1 mint leaf
- A dash of chocolate protein powder for the topping
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 0 mins
Total time: 5 mins
- In the jar of an electric blender, combine the vanilla yogurt, almond milk, and 1 cup of cherries. Make sure to remove the pits and tops from the cherries before blending. Blend on high speed for 30 to 60 seconds or until smooth so the ingredients can combine evenly.
- Stir in the honey and maca powder (if desired) and blend, but this time on medium speed for another 60 seconds or until smooth.
- When ready, serve in a big glass bowl then top with pitted cherries and sprinkle some chocolate protein powder into your smoothie. You can also sprinkle in some heart-shaped chocolate and garnish with a mint leaf. Remember to serve the smoothie cold. The remaining cherries may be dipped into the smoothie and eaten or saved for future use.
If you aren't able to find frozen cherries, add ice cubes to the ingredients when blending. Not only will these ice cubes chill the drink, their icy graininess will also make this smoothie even more refreshing.