Cheery Cherry Tomato Wild Rice Salad Recipe
This delicious cheery cherry tomato wild rice salad doesn't require a whole bunch of exotic ingredients or even half a day to whip up. It's super easy to prepare and can be enjoyed by the whole family on a picnic or hiking trip.
- STep-by-step InSTRuctions
- 2 cups wild rice, cooked (you may also use brown rice)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup celery, chopped
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup cabbage, shredded
- 1/2 cup carrots, shredded
- 1 shallot, minced
- Olive oil
- Black pepper and kosher salt, to taste
Prep time: 30 mins
Cook time: 45 mins (brown rice cooking time)
Total time: 1 hour 15 mins
- Place cooked brown/wild rice and tomatoes into a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix in lime juice, balsamic vinegar, minced shallot, and honey. Whisk these ingredients thoroughly as you drizzle in olive oil. Once the mixture has thickened and reached the perfect consistency, add in salt and black pepper. Continue to stir the mixture until everything is well-combined.
- Pour the mixture over your rice and tomatoes. Mix well to ensure everything is evenly coated in the dressing.
- Sprinkle in green onions, celery, red bell pepper, cabbage, and carrots. Mix well before garnishing with fresh parsley.