Caramel Chocolate Ganashe Tart Recipe
The versatility of this caramel chocolate ganache tart makes it a suitable dessert for any special occasion. So, if you're about to host a party and racking your brain for the perfect dessert, this is it. Your guests are guaranteed to love this dessert since its sweet, salty, and chocolaty taste will delight even the pickiest of eaters.
- STep-by-step InSTRuctions
For the crust:
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 organic or free range eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
For the caramel filling:
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/3 cup corn starch
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1.5 cups heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
For chocolate ganache with strawberries:
- 1/4 cup white chocolate
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- 1 cup heavy cream
Prep time: 6 hours 30 mins (includes chilling time)
Cook time: 20 mins
Total time: 6 hours 50 mins
Serves: 1 ganashe tart
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Whisk cocoa powder, salt, and flour in a bowl and set aside once thoroughly combined.
- Whisk butter, vanilla, and sugar in another bowl until well combined. Add eggs and stir until fully incorporated. Add the combined dry ingredients to this mixture a little at a time, stirring after each addition. Once all the salt/flour/salt mixture is added, your dough should appear crumbly but be easy to spread.
- Spread the dough over the sides and bottom of a tart pan and bake until browned. Set aside to cool once ready.
- To make salted caramel filling, melt sugar, salt, and cornstarch over medium heat and stir until combined. Remove from heat and carefully add in the cream, butter, and vanilla. Stir to combine and then pour the heavy creamy mixture into the tart crust and refrigerate until set.
- To make the chocolate ganache, heat the heavy cream to a simmer, pour it over the chopped chocolate, and stir until smooth. Mix in the berries until evenly distributed in the ganache.
- Pour the strawberry chocolate ganache over the caramel tart and refrigerate for several hours until set. Once set, remove from fridge and enjoy.