Caramel Chocolate Cream Tart Recipe
When caramel chocolate cream tart is on your to-bake-list, simply follow this recipe to make yourself a tasty tart.
- STep-by-step InSTRuctions
For the filling:
You'll need this pre-made salted caramel sauce with nut topping for the filling.
To make tart crust, you'll need:
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
The topping in turn will require:
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate, chopped
Prep time: 2 hours 10 mins (includes chilling time)
Cook time: 35 mins
Total time: 1 hour 10 mins
Serves: 40 cookies
- Pre-heat your oven to 3500 F and proceed to make the tart crust. A food processor yields faster results when making tart crust. So, grab yours and get to work.
- Add butter, sugar, and vanilla to the food processor and pulse gently to combine the ingredients.
- Pour in salt and flour and pulse until dough forms. Transfer the dough to a tart pan and ensure it covers the bottom and sides of the pan as evenly as possible.
- Bake the dough until golden brown and then set on a cooling rack or in the fridge to cool.
- Once the tart crust has cooled completely, heat your pre-prepared caramel sauce with nut topping and pour it into the tart shell. Refrigerate the caramel-filled tart crush for at least 1 hour. This helps to firm up the caramel filling.
- To make the ganache glaze/frosting, place the chocolate pieces in a heatproof bowl and heat up the cream.
- Pour the hot cream over the chocolate pieces and stir until chocolate is melted and fully incorporated into the cream. You can also add a cup of melted butter to the mixture if desired.
- Spread the chocolate-cream frosting over the chilled caramel tart and refrigerate for 30 minutes to an hour before serving.