Cacao and Banana Smoothie Recipe
Whether you're on a smoothie craze, avoiding refined sugar, or want to adopt a healthy lifestyle, this cacao and banana smoothie recipe makes a great treat.
Packed with a ton of nutrients, this pureed beverage is a great way to start the day. You can also drink it after a tough workout at the gym to keep your energy levels up throughout the day.
The best part is you don't have to spend much to enjoy this delicious and nutritious smoothie. All you need is the following ingredients, which are highly affordable, healthy, and incredibly easy to find.
- STep-by-step InSTRuctions
- 1 cup almond, coconut, soy, or regular milk
- 2 bananas
- 2 tablespoons cacao powder
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 4 ice cubes if you want your smoothie cold
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds (optional)
- 1 cup trimmed strawberries for topping (optional)
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 0 mins
Total time: 5 mins
Serves: 2 glasses
- Begin by chopping the bananas into small pieces.
- Next, transfer the banana pieces along with the ice cubes, chia seeds, cacao powder, milk, and honey into an electric blender or mixer. Blend until all ingredients are combined and smooth.
- Pour the smoothie into glasses and top with the trimmed strawberries before serving. Other ideal topping options include a dash of cacao powder, chocolate pieces/shavings, whipped cream, or toasted almond pieces.
This recipe yields about 2 glasses. However, you can increase the ingredients if you wish to make more of the smoothie.
In addition to vitamin B6, vitamin C, and fiber found in the bananas, this smoothie also offers heart-healthy magnesium, energizing iron, and a powerful punch of antioxidants, which are provided by the cacao powder.
The strawberries, on the other hand, offer vitamin K, omega-3 fatty acids, magnesium, among other health-packed nutrients.
So, give this recipe a try and start enjoying this super healthy smoothie.