Butterfly Fruit Platter Recipe
The butterfly fruit platter is simple to create, has great story power, and it will help you feed your kids with essential vitamins, minerals and antioxidants that growing bodies desperately need.
- STep-by-step InSTRuctions
- 1 banana
- 8 kiwis sliced evenly
- 2 slices of lemon
- 6 raspberries
- 2 slices of mandarin oranges (or tangerine slices)
- 2 cups of mandarin oranges cut into cubes
- 2 thin slices of yellow bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- Strawberry jam
Prep time: 20 mins
- Peel banana and slice into even slices. Place banana in the center of your serving dish.
- Place kiwi slices between the banana slices.
- Dip a toothpick into the strawberry jam and place 2 spots of jam evenly apart on the topmost banana slice. This will form the butterfly's eyes.
- Place 2 thin slices of yellow bell pepper at end of the topmost banana slice to form antennas.
- Place four kiwi slices on each side near the bottom of the butterfly's body. Place a mandarin orange slice in the center of each kiwi portion. Place two raspberries at the end of each mandarin orange slice.
- Place 5-6 kiwi slices on each side near the top of the butterfly's body to form bigger wings. Place a lemon slice in the center of both kiwi portions. Place a raspberry in the center of each lemon slice. Place 5-6 cubes of mandarin oranges at each end of the lemon slice.
- Enjoy your butterfly fruit platter!