Avocado Chocolate Mousse Recipe
Whether you're a vegan, health conscious person, or just looking for a new dessert to add to your cooking repertoire, this avocado chocolate mousse makes a great choice. Free of dairy products and gluten, this dessert features the same thick, creamy texture and chocolate-rich flavor of your standard chocolate mousse. However, it happens to be way healthier and more enjoyable than a regular chocolate mousse.
- STep-by-step InSTRuctions
- 2 large ripe avocados
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup of your favorite natural sweetener
- 1/2 cup soy or nut milk of your choice
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
Prep time: 40 mins
Cook time: 0 mins
Total time: 40 mins
- Skin and halve the avocados. Puree in a blender until smooth.
- Combine milk and cacao powder in a bowl and add to the pureed avocados. Blend until smooth.
- Add the natural sweetener and vanilla and blend until you form the smooth velvety texture of chocolate mousses. Chocolate mousses tend to stick to the sides of the blender when blended so be sure to process the ingredients for a few seconds, stop and scrape down the sides, and then process again to achieve desired texture. Doing this ensures that all of the chocolate mousse comes out nice and smooth.
- Scoop the avocado chocolate mousse into bowls and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving.
- Garnish as you please. Remember that when left sitting or stored in the fridge for too long, avocados will start oxidizing and this alters the flavor of your chocolate mousse. To avoid that, make sure to eat the avocado chocolate mousse immediately after serving.
Chia powder acts as a thickening agent for chocolate mousse. So, if you want to make your avocado chocolate mousse extra thick, add 1/2 a teaspoon of chia powder when blending your ingredients.