Another Easter Bunny Sandwich Recipe
With the bread as the foundation and the cheese as the body of the rabbit (including the cute flop of the ear), this dish screams imagination. The radish is used as the delicious, crunchy eyes of the rabbit while the celery is used as its whiskers and as a backdrop for grass. If you look a bit closer, the rabbit’s feet and teeth are also radishes cut to perfection. The celery is used as its eyebrows, nose, and part of its mouth. And to make this dish burst with flavor, you can add your favorite spread to the bread before applying your masterpiece.
I don’t know about you, but I’m suddenly excited to go make this dish again. It’s an edible and nourishing craft just waiting to be shared. Happy Easter!
- STep-by-step InSTRuctions
- 1 slice of wheat bread
- 2 tablespoons of mayonnaise
- 3 fresh radishes
- 1 cup of diced green onions
- 2 slices of swiss cheese
- 3 fresh chives
Prep time: 20 mins
- Cut the tops off 2 radishes. Next, using a paring knife, cut ridges in the radishes to form feet.
- Cut the other radish into slices. Take one slice and cut two small rectangles to form the bunny's teeth. You can make these as long as you want.
- Cut two chives into three even sections.
- Take the third chive and cut out three small rectangles for eyes and nose.
- Cut the remainder of the chive into two even pieces to form the cross-shaped mouth.
- Spread 1 tablespoon of mayonnaise over the bread slice.
- Sprinkle the cup of diced green onions evenly over the bread.
- Cut one cheese slice into a large circle. This will form the bunny's face. Take the remaining cheese slice and cut two bunny ear-shaped pieces.
- Place the large circle of cheese in the center of the green onions on top of the bread.
- Place the two ear-shaped pieces of cheese at the top of the circle. Fold one cheese slice to create the appearance of a floppy ear.
- Using the remaining 1 tablespoon of mayonnaise, place two spots of mayonnaise on the rabbit's face, where the nose will be.
- Place two slices of radishes over each mayonnaise spot.
- Place two of the chive rectangles above the radishes to form the eyes. Place the third rectangle chive in the center of the two radishes to complete the nose.
- Lay two pieces of the evenly cut chive pieces along the radish slices, pointing outward, to form whiskers.
- Take the two short pieces of chives and place them in a cross shape beneath the bunny's nose.
- Take the two radish rectangles and place them beneath the chives to form teeth.
- Place the two radishes that have ridges cut into them at the end of the bread to complete the bunny's feet.