Another Crazy Bear Sandwich Recipe
We see bears in the zoo all the time and we hear crazy stories about pesky bears eating up the food and ransacking the tents at campsites. Bears can be scary creatures, keeping us up late at night with their loud roars echoing in our ears as we lay at the cusp of dreams. But fear not, you’ll have nothing to worry with this little bear sandwich.
P.S. You can get more fun sandwich ideas here.
- STep-by-step InSTRuctions
- 1 wheat bun
- 1 egg
- 1 can of sliced carrots
- 1 slice of deli ham
- 1 blueberry
- 2 tablespoons tartar sauce
- 2 stalks of Tarragon
- 3 toothpicks
Prep time: 20 mins
- Place egg in a medium-sized saucepan and cover with water. Add a pinch of salt and bring water to a boil. Allow the egg to cook for approximately 10 minutes.
- Prepare the rest of the ingredients as you wait for the egg to cook.
- Drain carrots from can and set aside.
- Cut cherry tomatoes into even slices.
- Once the egg has cooked, remove pan from heat. Ladle egg out of water and rinse with cold, running water. Next, peel off egg shell and cut boiled egg into even slices, leaving the egg yolks in place. These will form the bear's eyes.
- Cut the wheat bun crosswise in the center. Place ham slice on the bottom wheat bun slice, leaving half the ham hanging out of the bread. Fold one side of the ham over the top halfway across. This completes the bear's tongue.
- Place carrot slices evenly on top of ham. These will form the bear's teeth.
- Cover the carrot teeth with the top wheat bun slice.
- Take another piece of carrot and cut it into half. Use toothpicks to secure both halves at the sides of the wheat bun. These carrots will form the bear's ears.
- Place blueberry onto the end of another toothpick. Insert toothpick with blueberry on it approximately halfway up on the top half of the wheat bun. This will form the bear's nose. (You can also use a chocolate chip in place of a blueberry.)
- Take two slices of boiled egg and place them on top of bread. Place a drop of tarter sauce onto the egg yolk parts of the slices to form eyes.
- Place tarragon on top of bread, above boiled eggs, to form hair.