Almond Chocolate Granola Shake Recipe
Before you rush to your local diner or ice cream shop to indulge in a chocolate milkshake, consider making one at home. It's an easy process and you can even throw in a few favorite ingredients of your choosing. In the following recipe, I'll be showing you how to make an almond chocolate granola shake that packs a punch.
- STep-by-step InSTRuctions
For the base liquid:
For the chocolate syrup:
- 1/4 cup dark unsweetened cacao powder
- 3 oz. almond butter
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 5 mins
Total time: 10 mins
- Start by preparing the chocolate syrup. Fill a shallow saucepan that has 2 to 4 inches high sides with water and place it over medium heat. Submerge a small glass bowl containing almond butter inside the shallow saucepan. Let the butter melt before stirring in cacao powder and coconut milk. Use a spatula to stir the mixture until you a thick unsweetened chocolate sauce forms. Bring the chocolate syrup to a simmer for 60 seconds then remove from heat and set aside.
- Next, pour chilled milk into a blender. Add in chocolate syrup and 2 tablespoons of honey. Put the lid on and set the blender on high-speed for 5 seconds. Add 1 scoop of your favorite low-fat ice cream. Cover and continue blending, this time on low speed for about 10 seconds or until you see the shake is smooth.
- When ready, pour the chocolate milkshake in tall glasses. However, don't fill the glasses to the brim. Leave some room to add granola and almond nuts for the topping. If required, garnish with a mint leaf. Keep in mind that this almond and granola shake should be served immediately in pre-chilled glasses.