Almond Chocolate Fudge Recipe
This almond chocolate fudge is a versatile treat that can be given as a holiday or birthday gift, enjoyed as a snack, or served during dinner parties and informal gatherings. If you're a chocolate lover who enjoys experimenting with new recipes, this is one you shouldn't miss.
- STep-by-step InSTRuctions
- 2 250g dark chocolate bars
- 1 cup almonds, toasted and sliced
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Prep time: 6 hours (includes setting time)
Cook time: 5 mins
Total time: 6 hours 5 mins
- Prepare a 9-inch square baking pan by lining the bottom and sides with foil paper. Make sure the foil extends over the edges of the pan.
- Break chocolate bars into squares and place in a large heatproof bowl. Once done, set aside.
- Heat the cream over medium heat until just it's just about to reach boiling point. Remove from heat and pour the cream over the chocolate pieces. Let the cream sit for 2 minutes to melt the chocolate and then stir to combine the two ingredients.
- Add vanilla and almonds and stir until all ingredients are mixed and the mixture is smooth.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and chill in the refrigerator until set.
- Once properly chilled, remove from fridge and use the foil paper to lift the almond chocolate fudge from the baking pan onto a chopping board.
- Peel off the foil and cut the chocolate fudge into small squares of the same size. Once done, let the pieces sit for a few minutes at room temperature before serving.
As an alternative, you can substitute the cream with 1 tablespoon of butter and 1.5 cups of milk. If you wish to use these ingredients, melt butter and heat milk in separate saucepans before combining the 2 before pouring over the chocolate pieces. Make sure the milk-butter mixture is hot before pouring.