Almond Butter and Hazelnut Chocolate Recipe
One of the best things about making homemade chocolate is that you can experiment with many flavor combinations. Take for instance this recipe, which is a delicious and innovative mix of almond butter and hazelnut with chocolate sauce. The end result to expect is a delicious and crunchy chocolate bark lined with hazelnuts on one side.
- STep-by-step InSTRuctions
- 1 cup raw hazelnuts
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cacao powder
- 2 teaspoons raw honey
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- Sea salt to taste
Prep time: 1 hour 10 mins (includes freezing time)
Cook time: 20 mins
Total time: 1 hour 30 mins
- Spread hazelnuts on a baking sheet and roast them for 10 to 15 minutes at 375 degrees Fahrenheit. When removing the nuts from the oven, transfer them to a clean dishtowel while they're still warm. Wrap the towel to form a bundle and then rub the nuts with both hands so that they're grinding against each other. Do this for a minute or two and the friction will cause the skin to fall off your nuts. Once all nuts have been shelled, sprinkle some sea salt on them and set aside.
- Melt almond butter over low heat in a shallow saucepan or bain-marie. Add cacao powder, honey, and almond milk into the mixture and keep stirring for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Once you have a nice and thick chocolate sauce, remove from heat and pour the molten mixture onto a jellyroll pan or tray lined with waxed paper. Spread the chocolate batter evenly on the tray and sprinkle it with your salted hazelnuts.
- Freeze for about 1 hour so that the chocolate sauce can harden. When ready to serve, peel the wax paper and place the chocolate bark with hazelnut toppings on a cutting board. Use a knife and cut the almond butter and hazelnut chocolate barks into shards or any desired shape before serving.
Handy Tip: You can speed up the preparation time by using organic hazelnuts that already have their skins removed.