Almond and Cinnamon Hot Chocolate Recipe
Almond, cinnamon, and chocolate are three flavors that complement each other. In this recipe, you'll get to combine these wonderful ingredients into one soothing beverage that's not only creamy, but also lip-smacking delicious.
If you're avoiding sugar but still crave for hot chocolate, then you're in for an extra treat! The concoction utilizes a natural sweetener and only takes 15 minutes to prepare.
Here's the complete recipe and a few helpful tips.
- STep-by-step InSTRuctions
- 2 cups of low fat/skimmed milk
- 1 heaping tablespoon of unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Stevia to taste (if you don't like the bitter aftertaste of Stevia, you can use any other natural sweeteners such as honey, xylitol or maple syrup)
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 0 mins
Total time: 15 mins
Serves: Two 4-ounce servings
- Pour milk in a saucepan and warm for a couple of minutes over medium heat.
- Add in the cocoa powder as well as cinnamon, vanilla, and almond extracts. Stir in Stevia in bits gradually and keep tasting the mixture until you've reached the desired sweetness.
- Continue cooking over medium heat while whisking vigorously or mixing with an immersion blender the entire time. You'll know the hot chocolate is ready when it turns into a frothy mixture. Make sure not to let the mixture reach boiling point.
- Pour the almond and cinnamon hot chocolate into 8-oz teacups and enjoy. Keep in mind that this beverage is best served hot.
- Sprinkle in some cocoa powder for that extra rich chocolaty flavor.