Almond and Chocolate Mocha Recipe
This almond and chocolate mocha recipe allows you to experience the joy of drinking a chocolate flavored coffee drink from the comforts of home. Also included is a simple 3-ingredient chocolate bar recipe that's so yummy, you'll never want to eat a store bought variety ever again!
For the best results, make the chocolate bars 2 to 6 hours in advance. (That's how long it takes for the chocolate bars to set in the refrigerator.)
- STep-by-step InSTRuctions
For the Chocolate Bar:
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
- 2 to 3 tablespoons of honey
For the Chocolate Mocha:
- 2 ounces of almond milk
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 teaspoon of Starbucks Mocha Powder
- 1 tablespoon honey
- A pinch of cacao nibs
Prep time: 6 hours
Cook time: 15 mins
Total time: 6 hours 15 mins
Part 1: Prepare the Homemade Chocolate Bars
- Place the almond butter in a small saucepan and melt it over medium heat. Add cacao powder and honey while stirring the mixture. Make sure to whisk thoroughly so that lumps don't form. Keep whisking until the chocolate sauce becomes nice and thick. When ready, transfer to a smaller bowl and set aside so the mixture can cool slightly.
- Pour the warm chocolate sauce into an ice cube tray. Chocolate molds work even better since the bars will take less time to firm up. Refrigerate the bars for 2 to 6 hours before proceeding to make the almond chocolate mocha drink.
Part 2: Directions for the Almond Chocolate Mocha Drink
- Heat 2 oz. almond milk.
- Pour the hot milk in a cup before stirring in the Starbucks Mocha Powder and honey.
- Dust the drink with cacao nibs and place in 2 cinnamon sticks for added flavor. Serve hot with your pre-made chocolate bars.
Keep in mind that...
Your chocolate bars will taste best when stored in the freezer for at least a couple of hours. Although you have to fight the temptation of preparing the almond and chocolate mocha before your chocolate bars set, the wait will be worthwhile as these two snacks go hand-in-hand to make a delicious treat.