Almond and Butter Chocolate Mousse Recipe
If you're tired of eating chocolate mousse only at restaurants, then why not make it at home? The following is an almond and butter chocolate mousse recipe that will leave you drooling for more. It's very easy to make and will be ready to serve immediately after chilling.
- STep-by-step InSTRuctions
Prep time: 2 hours 20 mins (includes 2 hours chilling time)
Cook time: 8 mins
Total time: 2 hours 28 mins
Serves: 1 bowl
- Place a large bowl over simmering water and melt almond butter. Add agave nectar, cacao powder, and coconut milk into the bowl. Keep stirring the mixture for 3 to 5 minutes using a wooden spatula. Remove the melted chocolate sauce from the heat and set aside to cool slightly.
- In another bowl, place egg whites only and beat them with a whisk. Whisk vigorously for about 3 minutes until stiff peaks form. Set aside. Ensure that the mixer and bowl have no traces of fat or oil before use or the egg whites will not whip properly.
- Clean your whisk or electric hand mixer and dry it. Place the whipped coconut cream in a third bowl and whisk vigorously until stiff peaks form.
- Using a spatula, fold half of the cream into the melted chocolate batter then gently stir in the rest of the cream. Fold the egg whites gently into the chocolate-cream mixture until the large blobs of whipped cream and egg whites disappear.
- Spoon the mousse or pipe it from a pastry bag into teacups or ramekins. Place the almond and butter chocolate mousse cups in the fridge so that they can chill for about two hours.
- When ready, sprinkle cacao nibs on the mouse or serve with homemade chocolate bars garnished with mint leaves.